Enrolling your child in Yarrabilba State
are four steps to enrolling your child at Yarrabilba State School.
- Complete an enrolment application (PDF, 412KB).
- Read and understand our school policies and procedures.
- Attend an enrolment induction session for parents where you will meet with the Principal or Deputy Prinicpal. At the end of this session you will be able to discuss your child's individual needs if required.
- Organise school uniforms and other resource requirements before your child commences school.
will be permitted to commence at our school on the Monday after each of the
above steps have occurred.
1 - Enrolment application
- Check the enrolment catchment map online through the EdMap - Catchment Maps (external link) to find your home street address. The Principal will verify that your listed residential address is within the enrolment boundary. Please read the Enrolment Management Plan (external link) for information about 'out of catchment' enrolments before proceeding with an 'out of catchment' application.
- Complete the application for enrolment (PDF, 412KB) form accurately. Please complete a separate enrolment application for each child enrolling.
- Send the completed application to the school.
- You will need to provide certain documents for the Principal to sight before the enrolment induction. These need to be delivered to Corporate Services staff or emailed with your application. Please be prepared. Without the correct and complete documents the enrolment cannot proceed.
provide the following items:
- Each child's birth certificate
- Each child's passport/visa and parent's passport/visas
- Your proof of residency
- Owners - rates notice
- Renters - lease agreement and verification letter signed by a real estate agent
- Each child's most recent NAPLAN report (Grade 3-6 only)
- Each child's most recent student report card
- For Prep Enrolments please provide a copy of your child's Kindergarten transition statement
the enrolment application:
the completed application together with the other necessary documentation to
the following email address: email@example.com or post to:
Darnell Street, Yarrabilba, QLD, 4207"
recept, the school will contact you to arrange an enrolment interview session
with the Principal or Deputy Principal. Induction sessions are held on
Wednesday mornings, 9am each week.
2 - Important policies to read and understand
read these important policies prior to the enrolment interview.
will need to know about the policies, standards and expectations of our school
community before you enrol your children.
3 - The enrolment induction session
The enrolment induction is a group session. We will discuss:
- Student uniforms and dress code
- School resource scheme
- School books
- Complete an enrolment agreement and check other paperwork
4 - Organise school uniforms and other resourcing requirements
school uniform is available at the Onsite School Locker uniform shop. The shop
is open on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8:00am - 9:30am.